Thursday, September 16, 2010

Where did that come from??

Brooke got a toolbox from Kylie and Neela for her birthday.  A day or two later, Kylie started to carry it around the house.  She told Mom, "Mommies and Daddies work.  They go to meetings and the fire station - and sometimes they go to long meetings - and to the fire station for meetings!"  (Translation -- every time Mom & Dad leave them with a babysitter, they are going to a "meeting".  A long work trip is a "meeting".)

It continued... "I'm an architect.  I have to bring my toolbox to work, and put it in a safe place when I get home."  "I bring my lunch to work.  I eat cupcakes so I have a full tummy and don't need to eat lots of snacks.  My tummy is full and big like Mommy's."  (Sure hope that was when Mom was pregnant -- not NOW!!)

Another day, driving home from Little Gym, here's the backseat conversation about Handy Manny (on the Disney channel):
"I am a tool.  I like to screw, screw, screw at Daddy's house!"

Where do these imaginations come from???

No comments: